A Good Car Dealer



A car dealership has to make money in order to stay open. Obviously, customers bring in that money. So, if you want to keep your dealership running you have to care about your customers wants and needs. This goes all the way from the janitors to the CEO's. People want to feel like you WANT and NEED their business. As a woman whose husband, father, and grandfather are mechanics nothing irritates me more than sales people treating me like I know nothing about vehicles because I'm a woman. More and more woman are buying on their own. More and more woman are also learning how to care for their own vehicles. So, as a sales rep never assume a persons gender matters.
Not Every Customer Is Ready To Buy The First Time They Come In The Door
The next thing that I think more dealerships should be concerned about is when I go to look at vehicles sometimes I just want to browse for a little bit. When I am ready to get into one I will find a sales person. Having fifteen sales people flock to you and try to talk to you while you are looking isn't helpful it's over whelming. I also know that if I have a question about anything, I will either look it up online or I will find someone and ask.
Things I do like when I show up to a dealership is smiling and maybe an offer of a beverage depending on the time of year. An organized and well kept dealership and personnel is a huge plus to me too. When your employees and office clean and professional looking it makes me feel like you know what you are doing and talking about. That makes me more comfortable to hand over thousands of dollars.
Integrity Is Everything To Potential Customers
Nothing is more frustrating when a sales person tells you one thing, because they want to sound like they know their stuff and then managers telling you something totally different. Just be upfront and honest. This is part of why I like to go to smaller dealerships, because there is less 'cycling' of employees. I'm not sure what takes so long in the financing area, but I do not understand why it takes three or more hours to get financing done and paperwork signed. I've financed three vehicles and none of them took more than an hour to get done and me driving my new car.
I have had family members, however who have been at dealerships all day just to get everything done so they could take their vehicle home that day. I know that gets tiring for customers. I also think it would be great if more dealerships would introduce clients to the mechanics who will be working on their vehicles in the future. All vehicles are going to need work done even if it's just maintenance.

No comments: